Thursday, April 18, 2013

Operation: GABBIS

Or "Get Ari's butt back into shape".

I used to be so active but then I graduated college and had to start paying extra for gyms and even though I love running, I'm super self-conscious about running in public. I get this whole idea that people are staring at me and laughing on the inside and thinking, "Look at fatty run." It's weird. I'm quite slim. I'm aware my brain is loopy. Moving on.

I really miss playing volleyball. It kept me moving, I had a lot of fun, and I really liked being able to assert my power. If you don't know this, I'm really small (5'3" or something like 160 cm if I remember correctly). People don't take me seriously which is why I often dress up and wear tall shoes, I look about as old as my 13-year old students, and it makes me feel a little powerless sometimes so to feel like I had some power was really freaking awesome. Well unless I can find a group of people who don't mind a small American who barely speaks any Czech playing with them, I guess late night runs will suffice. I'll just have to duck behind a trashcan if I see someone on the street.

Also in news today, I broke a knife in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment