Saturday, April 13, 2013

I'm sensitive, okay?

I'm so amazed to see how lush the grass stays throughout the winter here in Czech. It's so beautiful. Now that it's spring, the sun is shining and all the rabbits and deer are running around everywhere. While I was on the train to Praha we passed by fields that looks so green it was surreal and rabbits were hopping around everywhere. The countryside looked so majestic I started to tear up. It makes me think about my parent's lawn back home. It's only green if dad doesn't happen to spill any chemicals on it. I remember for quite some time there was a large patch of lawn that had fallen victim to some experiment executed by my family's lone male. I think fondly on my father's knack for tinkering with things. If he doesn't know how to fix it, he will figure it out. He built the dining room, Kyla's bedroom, the new shed, fixes the roof on his own, tends to the garden with my mother. It makes me think of my entire family so fondly because I realize that we're a family of fixers and nurturers. I know I have felt a distance from my family as many people do when they are teenagers. I know I wasn't a teenager when this occurred but I've always been a late bloomer. In my mid-twenties, I'm still growing and maturing but I can say that the way that the Czech countryside makes me feel is how I feel about my family. It's a thing of beauty and love. We've seen rough winters but we pull through.

No comments:

Post a Comment