Saturday, November 17, 2012

I wasn't that bad when I was 5, was I?

I helped out with the once a month Saturday English daycare that my program directors provide and oh man am I beat. I love the little kids, they're so much fun but they take so much out of you. We spent three hours playing games and coloring and taking snack breaks and trying to shake off some very excited and happy five year olds that were clinging to my arms and hands and legs. It was funny and they were adorable but it makes it hard when I can't understand them and they get so frustrated that I don't respond that they cry. Luckily that's when Marketa took over. It's just so difficult with the little kids because they don't understand that I don't speak their language.

There was this adorable little boy with really chubby cheeks, blonde hair, and bright blue eyes and he looked terrified of everyone and everything for about 2/3 of the time. I really tried to encourage him to act like trains and airplanes and ships like the rest of the kids but he just wanted to hold my hand. It was precious. Finally by the last hour he loosened up and was running around and giggling and screaming like the rest of them.

I am not sure if I'll do it again because when I got home around noon I was so exhausted I went back to bed. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to send you your nephew for many 'a fun filled afternoon of make-believe planes and trains! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All kids take your energy. You should still try it. The interaction is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, but for three hours I only made 300ck which is like $15. I'm not sure if it's worth it for me.

      Delete