Thursday, November 29, 2012

Feelings of elation.

I can't express how happy I am that I made this move in my life. It's a big change and I'm still getting used to it but I really think was the right path for me. I much prefer an afternoon where I can go to a cafe in the old town that only plays Sinatra, Edith Piaf, and Jacques Brel for tea and plan my lessons and play with the owner's 3-year old son.

When I still lived in Boston, I would go home at around 2 p.m. and sleep until dinner time. I was so bored and unmotivated. This is such a breath of fresh air. It's challenging and fun. I am becoming more comfortable going out and doing things even though I don't speak the language.

I feel calm and at peace yet at the same time excited and ready to explore. As sad as I am that my family and friends are still back in the U.S. and I can't see them at any given time, I am happy here.


1 comment:

  1. I am very happy you are happy with teaching children. Sometimes Allah has different plans for us and we don't see it right away. Alhumdulillah you have found your niche so to speak. I knew you were very unhappy working at Marshalls. Allah knows best.

    ReplyDelete