I'm trying to find a winter jacket. Not a difficult task, right? Wrong. Much like trying to find pants that fit me properly or a dress that fits nicely is always an awkward and arduous task. I, like my sisters, all have very small upper bodies and thin legs but big hips. But because we're so small in every other way, it looks like we're smaller than we are. Here are things to consider about shopping for a coat:
1) Is it thick enough? (Normal question. It gets cold out here and I spend quite a bit of time outside during my day so it's a good, standard question)
2) Is it long enough? Waist to hip ratio and thickness of bottom region causes materials to rise more than you would expect and if any piece of clothing is chosen improperly, uncomfortable drafts and embarrassing flashes of flesh may occur.
3) Is it wide enough and slim enough? Fits my upper body = loss of proper blood circulation and occasionally causes mummy walk because of restricted hip room. Fits my hips = carrying a blimp in my bra.
Oh the troubles of being a lady.
It was cute today when the saleswoman gave me a funny look when I told her the size 6 coat she pulled out for me might be a little small.
It's like when my students think I'm 17 or 18 and then I tell them I'm 25. They're so shocked. These people flatter me so.
No comments:
Post a Comment