Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Fake it till you make it" or "Escape from Bacteria Mountain."

Upside to working with kids: playful, lots of energy, funny personalities, and it's nice when they're inspired to learn English.
Downside to working with kids: Can be grumpy (and angsty is they're older) and GERMS.

Yes, yes, I'm ill yet again. It's not a surprise and it won't be the last time this year, I'm sure. It just stinks when it's such a nice weekend and I want to be outside doing things but I'm stuck inside feeling like an infectious bag of gross. I get cabin fever all too quickly so I had to escape the confines of my bed yesterday and go out for a couple walks. The air felt incredible. I wanted to go out and do something last night but everyone seemed busy but it's really for the best. As much as I would like to be active and do something I know I have to stay put. I'm a big baby when it comes to being sick. I whine and complain all the time. I remember one time when I was a teenager, I had to stay home sick and I kept getting out of bed, refusing to drink more tea or do anything to rest. Mom was quite annoyed. She scolded me and told me to get back into bed. I hate feeling helpless or stuck. I'm too stubborn for that business. 
Insha Allah I'll be better by tomorrow. It's really tough to teach kids when you're ill. Maintaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm all day is difficult when you feel like you have a head full of cotton and your nose feels like the Niagra falls of mucus. I've been try to running my sinuses clear by wolfing down all the chilis in my flat, coating my throat with gobs of honey, and flooding my body with tea. As you can see, I have a flair for drama. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment