I've been doing a lot of thinking (surprise, surprise), trying to figure out my next step in life. I kind of feel like I'm tapping my toes around in the dark, trying to feel for the next step. I know there is a step there but I'm unsure what is there exactly and yet I'm scared to step forward. But I can't stay in a dark stairwell forever.
It's been a crazy couple of weeks. So much has happened in such little time. Let's try to recap:
1) Eid-ul-Adha, I was able to take off the morning to go to salah but when I tried to catch a bus to teach my afternoon classes, I found out the bus I would normally take doesn't go to that area. Cue panic. I had to find someone who spoke English who could maybe tell me the number of a cab company. Luckily I found someone and she helped me find a cab that, as it turns out, specializes in transportation for English-speaking foreigners.
2) Psychosomatic symptoms of stress are delivered in the form of strained neck muscles.
3) I went to the Prague Signal Festival with some friends from HK. It was really cool. There were all these light installations all over the city and some short films projected onto buildings. We returned to HK at 2 a.m. I was so exhausted.
4) I was swarmed by a group of second graders one morning and offered me parts of their snacks. I received several halves of biscuits, dried fruit, and some chocolate.
5) An older student called me a terrorist. I told him it was really hurtful and that I really work hard so that people don't think this about me and my brothers and sisters. I know he didn't really mean it but he's just the sort of person who doesn't knowwhen to stop with jokes. Another student hit him on the head and told him he was a stupid terrorist.
6) A student tried to kiss me. I deflected with a book. I believe it was innocent because he proceeded to tell me that I was a 1* (Czech school equivalent to a U.S. school's A+) teacher, giggled and ran off. It has happened before but he is getting a little old and I think his parents should probably have a talk with him.
Annnnd I think I want to move to Prague. I have been talking with my parents and friends and they think it's a good idea. I like being out in HK but it's just too small. It would be better if I was older and had a family but I'm not at that stage of my life just yet. And my chances of meeting someone (a romantic someone) out here are really slim. I think it's time for me to move on. I'm not finished searching. I still have a ways to climb.
No comments:
Post a Comment