Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weird. I'm Usually On Time to These Types of Things.

So we had a post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner this weekend. Kristy and I went to this little village outside of Hradec where Tim, Helena, and Dušan live. A few of their friends came over and brought some yummy tasty sugary bits of delicious. We had a lovely dinner of chicken and goat and so many other things I thought I would surely die from the sheer weight of food. Things got a little weird after dinner though. I won't go into the details because I think they're a little personal but both Kristy and I both went to bed kind of thinking, "Eeeeeeee...what?"Parents, guardians, don't worry our safety was not compromised.

In the morning we had breakfast and I played hide and seek with Tim and Helena's daughter, Sherry/Sherri/Shirri (?). Non-American pancakes were made. I was so excited when they said pancakes only to find out that their pancakes are pretty much crepes. UPSETTING. And no maple syrup. I was grateful for the food and hospitality and could appreciate the twenty or so guinea fowls, chickens, and stray kitten roaming the grounds. On top of that it was snowing in the morning. How perfect? I'm just reminiscing about winters in New England.

Then we went to Dušan's house and watched movies for a few hours. His house is still in progress but homyguh is it beautiful on the inside. I was surprised. More bonus points: 1) old books 2) old book smell 3) fireplace. I think if I had just his kitchen and living room I would be set for life. I need no other addition to the house. Except maybe a finished bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment