Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Crawling to the holidays.

I just need to make it to Friday.

Tuesdays are always tough since they're my longest days and I am beyond exhausted by the time I get home. My fifth graders this morning were great. They had a lot of fun doing the Santa chain story. Once I got to sixth grade...let's just say they're not my favorite. There is one kid who tests my patience every single week. I don't understand kids like that. They just make your job hell. The rest of the kids are fine but there is just one demon catalyst. I know I must be patient but it's hard when you're exhausted. I don't want to yell. I hate yelling. I'd rather have fun. But the way I see this kid is that he's the Joker from Batman. Some men just want to see the world burn. I am always happy to make it to my afternoon English club classes. They make the job fun. Little Veronika even gave me another present: Ferrero Rocher. Yum. :)

I need to blow off some steam like crazy. I wish I brought my running sneakers but my suitcase was already full.

Until Christmas vacation begins, I have some small comforts to keep me sane:

1) A fireplace. Since the people I know with fireplaces live far away, I made one for me and Kristy.
 2) Pure hot chocolate (in Brno, but you can get it anywhere here which is not common in the States).
3) Silvie (my one adult student) and her daughter made fresh holiday cookies and gave me a big container to take home.

4) And I finally committed to a pair of slippers. They're very warm and fuzzy. :)



2 comments:

  1. Those slippers look very inviting. Plus very pretty. Kids can test your patience a lot. But you can make it through the day I am sure. Just remember to leave the frustrations at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know. I really do love the job. Most of the time the kids are great. I hope I was never a nightmare (except when I cut Amber's hair or thought I had a possible future as a spy and tried to pick the lock of dad's car, etc.) :) I'm wondering if I want to do this for another year, I'm not quite sure yet. I'll start looking at other jobs over the break and see what's available.

    ReplyDelete