Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tired eyes, tired heart.

Bad news loves company. It seems that life likes to really wear a person down before (hopefully) some good comes. Less than a week after my grandfather's passing, I found out today about a colleague's passing. He was my officemate from one of the schools where I work. He was out biking and when he didn't return, a search began. His body was discovered yesterday. I am surprised no one from the school or my company bothered to tell me and I had to find out via rumors and whispers. It's the worst way to hear such news. At this point, I am too tired for tears. I apologize, readers, for all the tragedy but entertainment is not the main objective of this blog. Life, the little details between the hours, and the dreams and lessons that stem from those events. Since I was little, writing has been my way of making sense of the chaotic thoughts and feeling running rampant in my head.

I am not sure what to say. Quite honestly, I don't feel like saying much. My thoughts are with his family. It will be strange walking into my office next week. I'm already anticipating the awkward exchange between my other officemates, Mojmir and Vojtech. I'm anticipating a private chat with the deputy headmistress. But life moves on and the heart recovers. I told my students at the summer camp, good does come from life. Sometimes you don't notice it because the weight of the bad to the good at that moment isn't comparable but it's there. I think that's worth something. Rest in peace, Milan.

No comments:

Post a Comment