Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mind the gap and get back on track.

I've been thinking a lot about my master's degree over the past few months. Speaking in a realistic, financial sense, I can't afford to go for my master's degree for a couple years but I figure that gives me plenty of time to decide to which programs I want to apply and of course, study for entrance exams/GREs/what have you. I really have no clue where to get started. I'm still unsure what exactly I want to pursue for a degree. I know I want to do education. I know I want to work with English as a second language, and I'd like to narrow in on women's education.

I think I'm narrowing in on at least a master's in applied linguistics. It sounds kind of like a fancy title to me. But then again, I couldn't even imagine myself going to grad school a couple years ago. I'm really nervous. But it is something about which I'm passionate. I do want to do my program in Europe. This way I would still have plenty of work while attending school. I started looking for fun at some programs. I haven't really looked into the details so much but I saw some in Barcelona, Budapest, Brussels, and some more cities beginning with the letter B and some that include the rest of the alphabet. I know it's somewhat selfish but I'm really excited that Mladen's moving back to Europe. I consider him a really good friend and it's been hard not having a good friend even in the same time zone. It can get really lonely sometimes.

I think another project of mine this year is to become more financially organized. I'm terrible at keeping receipts, tracking purchases, budgeting expenses, etc. I feel like a lot of adults are bad at this so I really should get on top of that.



Also here is a song I've been listening to on repeat lately. Bon Iver is one of my favorite artists of all time and I met him a couple years ago through working with Dig Boston. Pretty awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment