I was so surprised to find that Czech was so hot when I arrived. I had to shed some layers and change shoes. I met my landlord for the first time. What a super nice guy. His English isn't the best but he did his best. He carried my suitcase up all five flights of stairs for me. I am still getting settled in but I have to say I am super excited because of the following reasons:
- I have never had a bed bigger than a twin in all my life.
- I have a gas stove again
- I have a dishwasher (which I can live without since I actually find washing dishes soothing but having one does cut down on time)
- The kitchen has slanted windows since the apartment is in the attic which is great for watching the rain fall.
- Roof deck!
I also don't know what to do with my time. I have a week before I leave for Spain and for some reason I don't remember what I would during downtime. I can't stay inside for too long so I went on a couple walks in between thunderstorms. I think this year I want to make more of an effort to make more friends especially at the masjid here. For those who know me, I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "Shut up, Ariana, you have tons of friends. You make friends everywhere you go." It's true that I'm a very friendly person but I'm also very shy. It takes a lot of energy and effort for me to put myself out there to strangers which I guess makes it seem a little weird that my current job requires so much extroversion. I all honesty I usually avoid large crowds of people because it just kind of makes me overwhelmed. This is why I also hate malls and major shopping centers because if there are too many people I will usually quickly browse and then just leave. If I have a friend with me it's okay but I really envy people who are completely within their element in a foreign environment. For those of you who don't know me, I am in no way completely socially inhibited. I do love socializing, just amongst familiar company with whom I feel like I can take a moment to just think. Most of my friends who live in HK have left either for vacation or to permanently. I haven't even met my flatmates yet. I heard one leaving this morning (I think) but I was too tired from traveling and moving in to care. I guess I'll just keep reading and writing and perhaps go for a run if I can muster the courage and energy. I kind of wish someone was around to play a board game with or watch a movie.
I'm sure I'll find my bearings in a little while, moving just takes some adjustment. Just like it'll take a while to adjust to all this bed estate but I think I'll be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment