Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How's the weather, Irving?

Whenever I discuss the weather with someone, I feel like I should be an old man in a fishing boat complaining about kids these days and my trick hip acting up but I think being from the east coast of the U.S. it's a big thing for us because we do have such wacky weather. It's really unpredictable sometimes and can really mess up plans for a day out. Some of my Czech friends make fun of me for commenting on the weather so often but I guess it's kind of part of culture here. As I jokingly said to Jenda, "We all complain about the weather and that's what unites us among all our differences: religions, class, race, sexual orientation, etc. There are no politics involved in the weather."

The weather here at home really makes me miss the predictability of Czech weather. And the lack of humidity. Sure the humidity can make my hair feel like I have an afro of crunchy spaghetti but for someone with a history of asthma, it goes beyond physical appearance. The humidity (no matter what time of year) makes it difficult to breathe and causes me to get a string of migraine headaches. Having a migraine makes it a little difficult to enjoy your vacation, especially when there is a very vocal 11-month old around.

All that aside, I am enjoying my time at home. I get to play with Anas for hours, relax, catch up on reading, do some well-deserved internet surfing, etc. I'm heading up to Boston for the 4th of July. I'll get to visit some friends I haven't seen for a while and hang out in quite possibly my favorite city in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment