Monday, June 10, 2013

The feels.

So the school year is coming to an end and I'm super excited to go home but a little sad to end my classes with my students. Some will return, some will not. I have said a million times that this was the best move I've made in my life ever but it's not because I just sucked at math and science when I was in high school (I really wasn't bad, just average). I think it's because what I know best is what my parents taught me, love and patience (and to never stop acting like a child).

I know I'm an idealist (as much as I fail horribly at being realistic) and I've been called naïve and a dreamer but I accept it. I can't really change who I am. But it's not just my parents who have shaped me this way. Life is a battle. There is so much hatred and violence and corruption that I guess I kind of figure the world doesn't need just another drone. The world needs to spread a little light and a little love. Through teaching I can do that. I can have an impact on these kids' lives and I have seen it through their positive reaction to diversity.

It really scares me to see how much the world hates each other. It scares me how much the world hates Muslims. It scares me how much some Muslims hate everyone. I know I'm not the best, most devout Muslim on the planet but even if I don't get it right all the time, I'll still keep this love in my heart and try to influence what I can.


  I'd rather be this dude:
But more entertaining like this guy:
And a little less like these people:

No comments:

Post a Comment