Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mother Nature needs some chocolate and shopping therapy.

The weather has been absolutely dismal the past week and there is no sign of it really letting up. It's cold, it rains constantly, I am going insane. It's June. Mother Nature, get yourself together.

Anyway, I've come to a little bit of halt. I've made good choices coming out here, I'm having fun teaching but where do I go after this? I'm staying for another year but what about afterward? I'm having fun and I think the country is beautiful but should I just appreciate my time here and move on? I can't really think of another region of the world I'm dying to explore (at least not right now). I would really love to go to South America but there are virtually no jobs there. There are volunteer positions but this girl has bills to pay so I can't really afford it. Some options I'm considering are Indonesia, South Korea, and Turkey. Indonesia because I have family there and it would be great to get to know them. South Korea because I could make a ton of money and pay off my student loans really quickly. Turkey because I think it would be a pretty cool country to explore but I can still go there easily from Czech. Or do I want to start looking into Masters programs which I could do here which would be so much cheaper than doing it in the U.S.?

My problem: I'm a nester. I like to make a home for myself wherever I go. I've never been one to up and move around so much.

I know I shouldn't really worry about it too much right now. I should just focus on my classes and going home to see my family. I can't wait to talk to my family because they always have such good insight and advice to give. Or at least I think they do but they're family so whatever they say is comforting to me.

Anyway, blah blah blah, I need sun, I'm sleepy and want to nap but I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment