As an introverted person, I spend a lot of time in my head. Zefrank worded my thoughts perfectly. Conversations I'll never have, me in alternate realities, what it's like to live someone else's life, how they perceive the world around them, etc. When I'm zapped back to the now, everything seems a little lackluster. It makes me really sad. The things I don't have, the opportunities I missed, the people I missed out on. I'm quite the daydreamer so I constantly have to pull my head out of the clouds and just remind myself that life isn't perfect. It's ridiculously messy. But it's the little things in life that make it worthwhile. So I'm going to try to start cataloguing my own HappyList. One small thing that made me happy for each day of the year. I hope I can keep up with it.
Here is today's:
1) Little Kristian in my kindergarten class can't whistle like his older classmates so he emitted a quiet but high-pitched scream to to to imitate the other kids. It made me giggle so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment