Here's what happened the past couple weeks that leave me to believe I should never leave the house ever:
1) Fifth grader in my class has her first ever epilepsy attack. Luckily, a friend of mine in college held a little workshop on Epilepsy and showed us what to do in case someone is having a seizure. The girl is okay from what I could tell.
2) A colleague got pissed drunk, almost got into a fight with a person at a pub because he was hitting on a guy's girlfriend, got into a fight with three dudes, refused to go to the hospital, and then apparently crashed his car. Shameful. Maybe it's assuming too much but I thought a teacher should handle himself or herself with a little more decency and maturity. It makes a bad name for us as teachers and Americans.
Okay enough bad news. Here's the good:
1) Spring is struggling to get its foot in the door but it's making it's way. I went for a walk after I finished a class with three adorable and very pleasant kindergarteners. We are learning fruits and vegetables and practicing "I like ______" and "I don't like _________". Bawwww.
2) My directors are beginning to negotiate my contract for next year. Woot!
3) I might have another adult lesson coming my way. Yay for knowing and being able to talk to people who are older than thirteen!
4) I went to the movie theater near my flat for the first time ever. They have couches. Enough said.
5) My friend Jana plays volleyball every Wednesday and invited me to play. Once I stop being lazy and buy a pair of sneakers because for some odd reason I thought I wouldn't need them. Me. The person who gets too stressed and likes to go running. That made total sense, past me. Good one.
6) I have next Thursday to Monday off so I'm headed to Berlin! From what I've heard it's a really cool city so I'll be back with plenty of pictures. I also met a girl at the movie theater who is going to Berlin next week so it'll be nice not to be by myself.
7) I always enjoy my conversation class on Wednesdays. My students are smart kids and usually tame. We were talking about adjectives of personality and what they like in a friend. One kid said, "My friend is easy." I started laughing so hard and said, "No no no, don't say this!" They were confused. For those of you who are unaware, to call a person "easy" is kind of slang for saying someone is a slut or a whore. I know he meant to say they are easy-going or perhaps friendly or an easy person with which to get along but I feel like I did this kid a favor. He is avoiding getting smacked by English-speaking woman in the future. It's all for the kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment