1) Ordering food at a restaurant. Waiters have become accustomed to asking me what number on the menu as I try to pronounce whatever dish. My pronunciation is not THAT bad but sometimes it's easier.
2) When I didn't realize that the bus fare went up since I was in HK a few months ago and the bus driver tries to explain it to me but I don't realize it. Luckily my friend was with me and told me I needed 3 more crowns.
3) Trying to clean my apartment but having no clue what the cleaning supplies are for. I've been sitting in my room for an hour trying to decode mysterious instructions with Google translate.
Derp. Once I begin working and making money I want to start taking language classes AND perhaps sign up for a gym. Anyway, I've been pretty bored for the past week and a half since I don't start work until Thursday. I've been taking several walks just so I don't feel like such a bum sitting in the flat all the time. I walked from my flat all the way to the shopping mall the other, which really isn't that far but I've never walked there before.
Other ways to spend my time:
1) Writing
2) Practicing guitar
3) Figuring out all the functions on my camera and trying to digest some photography terminology
4) Researching master's programs
5) Teaching myself how to begin editing videos with very basic programs
I guess I should go do some of these things. It's raining out so it looks like I'm staying in today. On the plus side, I figured out how to use the espresso machine in my flat so heyyyyy what's up breakfast latte?
No comments:
Post a Comment