I guess that's why I switched my career. I've been spending a lot of time on dream interpretation websites. I rarely remember my dreams but I've been having really vivid ones about every other night for the past couple weeks. I take it as too many things are on my mind and my subconscious and body are screaming at me to pay attention to these things. I dreamt of two things last night.
1) Bath bomb/bath fizzy - I dreamt that I was cleaning my room and one rolled right out in front of me. I like to buy bath bombs from Lush as a little celebration to me. I used to buy them once or twice a month since they're a little expensive. I'd go home, lock myself in the bathroom much to the dismay of my flatmates and spend an hour or two soaking in the tub, watching a movie and not caring about anything. I worry about things I have no control over, about how people perceive me, about people whom I'm unsure reciprocate my attachment. I think my body and mind are telling me to relax and just focus on me and not anyone or anything else (within reason, of course). I need to relax, be me, and not care about those who don't accept me.
2) K - My childhood friend. My Jamaican. I mention her as K because I'm not sure how she feels about privacy. She was one of my best friends growing up and as far as I know her parents still live a few streets down. It's been quite a few years since I've contacted her and I'm not really sure how to get in contact with her since I think she lives in Boston now and I feel strange going to her parents house and saying, "Hi, where's your daughter?" But anyway, it made me realize how much I miss her friendship and how terrible I am at keeping in touch with people. I think it stems from my aversion to talking on the telephone. Anyway, I'm trying to get better at it and I'd really like to see her.
Dreams are funny things.
No comments:
Post a Comment