Monday, December 2, 2013

You can never have too much stuffing.

I know it's been a while since I last updated but it's been an extremely hectic month. Among teaching my flatmate and I threw a Thanksgiving dinner party for some friends. It felt so amazing to have cooked all that food because I've never cooked a turkey before let alone an entire dinner for 10 or so people. Now it's finished and we have so many leftovers but at least we won't have to cook for a week. Now things are calming down a little (just a little) and it's time to enjoy the Christmas season in Europe. Even though I don't celebrate I love the festiveness of any holiday and I find Christmas to be especially beautiful. I love going to the Christmas markets and wandering around for hours looking at the little trinkets and toys and eating toasty, sweet pastries. I am quite the happy kitty. This past Sunday, Mariia, Josseline, and I met up with Mariia's friend, Olga at the Christmas market at the museum and spent a couple hours there. I'm headed to Poland next week for a little more shopping (but not too much since I don't have a need for anything nor do I need to buy presents for anyone). Then there is a Christmas dinner that one of the foreigners organizations is throwing so people can experience a traditional Czech Christmas dinner (carp and some fish soup) so that will be nice. Then there are some films and other foreigners meetings I want to go to and Mariia and I still must figure out where we're going for the winter vacation. My plans change so frequently. It's just that there are so many options! First I wanted to go to Sarajevo (which I still want to but maybe in the spring), then we decided to go to Poland and now we're thinking about Barcelona or Amsterdam! I have no objections to any of those places but we're trying to stay on the cheap side. I would really wouldn't mind going to Amsterdam because that would mean I wouldn't have a problem finding yummy Indonesian food. :) And I've heard it's such a nice city so it would be lovely to walk around there for a couple of days. We'll see. Nothing is final until we buy the tickets. :)

Also I'm starting to look at jobs in Japan and South Korea. I've heard the pay there is good and as much as I love being in Europe, I would really like to pay off my student loans so that I can start looking into doing my master's degree (looking at a cool program in Spain but I have to improve my Spanish and learn Catalan). Either country would be cool and I think it would be quite cheap to fly to other places in Asia, say, Indonesia? :) It's too early to tell but I have another problem. I don't know how to nicely tell my bosses I won't be staying for another year. And it's not just about money, it's about my personal life as well. I think it's time to start looking for a nice Muslim guy and society here is quite limited. Life is complicated and it always will be but at least for now I can enjoy the sunset from the cafe where I'm sitting in Ulrichovo Namesti and only think about that delicious stuffing I'm going to eat once I get home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment